Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Good Readers and Good Writers

Nabokov believes that a good reader is one that pays attention to detail and stays away from generalization. He also says that a good reader should reread the material so that they can appreciate the work more. A good reader according to him uses his/her imagination and tries to identify with the characters. Good readers in his eyes are also those who have a dictionary.

I do not agree that a good reader should have to reread the material. Personally I can read just about anything and are able to retain the information by reading the material only once. I believe that a good reader is one that pays attention to what they are reading. A good reader is also one that does the reading willingly and eager to learn. I would have to say that I consider myself an average reader because while I might not read all the time I do take some time to read and strengthen my literacy.

1 comment:

  1. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.
    DonaldTrump
    DonaldTrump
    DonaldTrump

    ReplyDelete